We'd love to welcome you and your wee one to Tiptoes nursery. Find out all the important stuff below and ofcourse if you get a chance drop in!
HOW TO JOIN
After prospective parents have been in contact with the nursery, they are invited along for a visit. We take the following matters into account when prioritising and deciding on admissions:
- Availability of places, taking into account the staff/child ratios, the age of the child and the days and sessions required
- Children who have siblings who are already with us
- Ability to provide the facilities necessary for the welfare of the child, including any staffing arrangements that need to be put in place
- Any extenuating circumstances affecting the child’s welfare or the welfare of his/her family.
If parents wish to place their child in the nursery they complete a registration form, sign the nursery terms and conditions and pay a deposit to secure the nursery placement.
We recognise and understand the anxieties for both parents and children when starting at any nursery.
Some children will settle in on their first visit and others will take a little longer to get used to a new environment. To support the child when settling, the nursery manager will contact the parent or carers a few weeks before the child’s start date to arrange a convenient time for the first settling in session.
The number of settling in sessions will then be discussed and agreed during the first visit. During the settling in sessions, the child’s key person will discuss the child’s needs, likes/dislikes, favourite foods, sleep patterns, routines, etc. This information will enable us to cater for the child’s individual needs and assist in the settling in process. We will also discuss our documented policies and procedures and answer any questions that you may have.
- Full Session - 7.30 am to 6.00 pm - £45 per session (includes all snacks and a cooked 2 course lunch)
- Half Session – 7.30 am – 1.00 pm or 1.00 pm – 6.00 pm - £30 per session (includes morning snack and cooked lunch for AM session and a substantial snack served at 3.30pm for PM session)
- Full time place (5 days a week full sessions) - £185 per week (includes all snacks and cooked lunch)
Any extra hours agreed in advance will be charged at £6 per hour. Nappies and any nappy creams are provided by parents.
- A deposit of £100 is payable on registration to secure your child’s place. This amount will be taken off the first month's invoice.
- Fees are paid monthly, in advance, into the bank account details provided to you. Card payments and cheque payments will also be accepted and can be made from the office.
- Nursery fees must reach our bank account between the 1st and 5th of the month unless agreed with the nursery management. Any parent or carer whose fees remain unpaid after the 5th of the month, without prior agreement with the nursery manager, risks their child’s place at the nursery being withdrawn.
- Childcare voucher payments are accepted and any information you require will be available from the office.
- If extra childcare sessions are required these must be discussed with the nursery manager and are payable on the day of the session. Normal session rates will apply.
- All booked sessions must be paid for regardless of child’s attendance. No refunds are given for sessions missed due to sickness or holidays or unavoidable nursery closure.
- We fully understand that on occasion buses or trains can run late or there may be congestion on the roads. If you do think you may be late picking your child up from nursery, please contact the nursery as soon as possible or arrange for someone else to pick your child up. If the nursery is not informed you may charged a late fee of £10 per 15 minutes to cover the cost of emergency cover or staffing.
- The only other charges are likely to relate to day trips and optional additional classes.
The nursery will be also be closed on the following days:
April 2 2018
December 21 2018 - January 2 2019
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT TIPTOES NURSERY
We are always interested to hear from you especially if you have any relevant experience. Please get in touch with us via our social pages or email.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Read our full terms and conditions, including information about admissions and deposit, payment of fees, opening times, termination, cancellation and changing of sessions, personal property and belongings, late pick ups, and absence from nursery.